Guardian Dog Available
This is Chance and he’s available for a guardian home immediately.
He is a 7-year-old purebred English Cream Golden Retriever!
What is a Guardian Dog?
Guardian Information for Chance
Hi! My name is Jim Gray and I own Lakeshore Doodles. We’re a small family owned Goldendoodle breeding business located in western New York. Lakeshore Doodles has been producing quality Goldendoodles that we hand raise right in our home for almost 20 years. Our dogs have gone to live with families in New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Maine.
Many of the males that we breed live in “guardian homes” with their families and then come to us for up to 6 visits a year or for a couple days each visit to breed with one of our females. After a male finishes his time in our guardian program, he exits the program and lives the rest of his life with his guardian family.
We love doing business this way for two reasons: First, it helps us pair a deserving family with an amazing, high quality dog that they might otherwise be unable to afford. Second, it gives the dogs an incredible quality of life– they live as the beloved pets of their family.
Chance comes to us from another reputable breeder. However he hasn’t always lived in a guardian home. So, the right guardian for Chance will be someone committed to helping him learn his basic manners like sit, stay, down and come. We’ve had Chance for 8 months and we have found him to be very sweet and a bit shy when he’s getting to know someone new. He is a medium energy dog and will likely do best in a smaller family with no young children.
To Be Considered
- You have to love dogs! Even if you’ve not owned a dog in the past, if you’ve been looking to own and have taken steps (or are willing to take steps) to prepare your home for a dog, this might be the right program for you.
- You need to understand that you’ll be working with a young adult dog that will need some training.
- You must live within 100 miles of Kendall, NY.
- You must be willing to drive your boy to our farm 1 to 7 times a year when we need him for breeding.
- You are responsible for all the expenses of non-breeding-related veterinary care and the expenses of the general care and feeding of your dog.
- Once the dog exits the program– you keep him and love him forever!
Chance is ready to go to his guardian family immediately. If you are interested in being Chance’s guardian and then his forever family, please fill out the application below and I’ll reach out to you and we can talk about the possibilities.